PE and Sport Premium
Sports Premium Funding 2022/2023
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding- provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport- will be allocated to primary schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they have the freedom to choose the best way of using the money.
Possible uses of the funding:
- Hire specialist PE teachers.
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- Provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport.
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
- Run sports activities with other schools.
From September 2013, schools are held to account over how they spend the additional funding. Ofsted will be looking at how the school has spent the money and whether any impact has been made.
Sports Funding 2019/2020
Vision: ALL pupils leaving Hillary Primary School are physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport