The children at Hillary Primary chose the school Logo for our uniform and we expect our children to wear uniform.
Our uniform comprises:
- White shirt or blouse with collar (white polo T-shirt )
- Maroon school sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Black / Grey trousers or black / Grey knee length skirt (NOT Denim)Maroon and white gingham or striped dresses can be worn during the summer term
- School tie (optional)
- Black sensible shoes (Please note trainers and many designs of 'fashion' shoes including boots are not suitable for day to day wear in school.
Our PE kit is:
- Black shorts
- White polo shirt
- Change of socks
- Pump/trainers for outdoor games
- A track suit is useful on cold winter days - black if possible
Please note our emphasis on the need for a change of footwear from everyday use in school, to trainers for outdoor use on the playground. This is important for hygiene and also helps to keep the school building clean. Most P.E. work in the Hall is undertaken in bare feet as recommended by the L.A. For games sessions in the winter. Children should be equipped with an old sweater or tracksuit to keep them warm.
Jewellery is not to be worn in school. The accidental pulling and catching of earrings, rings and necklaces during play can cause severe damage to fingers and ear lobes! Children will be asked to remove earrings or tape over studs during P.E./Games activities if worn to school. Children should not wear jewellery on a P.E. / or Games day. The school cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage of items of jewellery and watches.
Long hair must be tied back in school for reasons of health and hygiene.
School sweatshirts, ties, and P.E. shirts are available from the school office. We also sell book bags and small cases suitable for carrying reading books, homework, etc. to and from school.
Items of value
We ask parents to ensure that items of value are not brought to school. This includes expensive watches, electronic goods, mobile phones etc.
It also makes life easier for everyone if all clothing including shoes and watches (if they have to be worn) are clearly marked with your child's name. That way if items are misplaced and then found they can be quickly returned totheir owner.
Swimming KS2 Only
- Lycra swim trunks or swim shorts (no knee length shorts)
- Lycra costume, (leggings optional)
- Clean towel and swimming cap for Boys and Girls.
- No Jewellery allowed for any P.E lessons
- Swimming - Separate Changing Rooms
- P.E - All children get changed in classrooms, mixed.
- Upper Ks2, Y5, Y6 have the option to get changed separately.